Wednesday 11 March 2015

Bookworm's Choice - introduction

I grew up reading books.  No matter what,  books always held the answers for me.  And they inculcated the habit of writing too. Reading and writing were the twins that helped me steer myself to safety whenever I was in dangerous waters - of loneliness, self- loathing,  friendlessness , depression , quarrels at home and so many other difficult situations that might have made me think of ending this precious life. If there was one name that I never felt bad being called, it was a 'bookworm"

Looking back, I see that some of the books have even shaped me up - in such a way that I sometimes feel like one of the characters. I know that's weird - but weirder is the fact that I'm all the more comfortable feeling that way. In my upcoming posts,  I'm planning to give a summarised account of some of the books that have had a profound impact on me and a brief of that character that I identify myself with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think about the blog